MFI édite et intègre une gamme de solutions logicielles afin d’assister les services météo étrangers dans l’amélioration de leurs prévisions météorologiques, de leurs alertes précoces et de leurs services climatiques.
MFI is looking for a data center engineer dedicated to the implementation of weather and climate data centers for its clients all around the world.
Meteo France International (MFI) runs integrated turnkey projects for the account of National Meteorological and Hydrological Services (NMHS) all around the world. In these projects, MFI offers to NMHS a range of innovative software solutions designed to improve their weather forecasts, early warnings, and climate services. NMHS are among the most data-intensive organizations and MFI has developed in-house specific software to manage these weather and climate data.
You will be attached to the Projects and Operations Department of the company and will contribute to various projects for the account of our international clients. In these projects, you will most often implement the meteorological and climate data center solutions. You will evolve within flexible and dynamic teams and your activities will be as follows:
- Main activities – during projects:
- The detailed definition of the clients’ requirements, in coordination with the Project Managers, other project engineers, MFI’s Product Owner, systems and network engineers.
- The participation in the specification of the technical architecture of the information systems for our clients’ projects.
- The hands-on implementation of the information systems (installation, configuration, data integration).
- The testing of systems and operating and administrative procedures.
- The training of the clients on the delivered information systems.
- The project documentation of the delivered information systems.
During projects, you will have to travel at the clients’ premises for installations, validation, and training activities. These trips usually last 1 to 2 weeks, 3 to 4 times a year
- Other activities:
- Level 2 support on the information systems you have implemented during the projects.
- You will promote the best practices on the project implementation of MFI’s Data Center Solution – observation collection system, data archiving system, task scheduler and climate data management system:
- Product configuration procedure.
- Collection of project needs and follow-up of product developments.
- Based on existing systems, participate in the study and evolution of the automation processes for the deployment of platforms.
Profil recherché :
You are an IT Engineer ideally with experience (5 years or more) in high-volume Data Center, looking for a job that makes sense and has a practical application.
You want to be both in contact with the clients and hands-on the keyboard to work on the technical implementation.
You are interested in a position at the heart of ambitious international projects involving the modernization of meteorological services.
Compétences / Aptitudes :
- Technical skills:
- A very good knowledge of Linux is required and will allow you to be at ease in our stack.
- A good knowledge of databases is required (PostgreSQL better).
- Ideally, you have a good knowledge of Data Center issues: large volumes, data accessibility, data policy, data archiving strategy.
- Good networking skills are also desirable. Knowledge of Python and PHP is appreciated.
- Soft skills:
- Desire and pedagogical disposition to accompany clients in the reinforcement of their capacities and skills.
- Good interpersonal, communication and adaptation skills.
- Taste for international multicultural exchanges in the professional context.
- Facilitation skills, listening and dialogue skills to lead and coordinate the team’s work and to understand the needs of the end users.
- Willingness to be actively involved in the design, implementation, and delivery of projects in the field.
- General skills:
- Writing skills (technical documentation).
- International experience is a plus.